Vol 32| Issue 1 | Jan – June 2019 | page: 38-40 | Ajayakumar T
Authors: Ajayakumar T 
 Department of Orthopaedics, Holy Family Hospital, Muthalakodam,
Thodupuzha, Kerla, India.
Address of correspondence :
Dr. Ajayakumar T,
Department of Orthopaedics, Holy Family Hospital, Muthalakodam,
Thodupuzha, Kerla, India.
Chronic unreduced elbow dislocations are rare injuries. This case report is about the successful 1-year follow-up outcome of a chronic medial elbow dislocation treated with open reduction and lateral ulnar collateral ligament (LUCL) reconstruction using palmaris longus graft and biocomposite suture anchors. A minimally invasive technique for reconstruction of LUCL is presented here which obviates the need for hinged external fixation. The author obtained written informed consent from the patient for print and electronic publication of the case report.
Keywords: Chronic elbow dislocation, lateral ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction, minimally invasive surgery, internal brace, suture anchors, isometry.
1. Rubino LJ, Herbenick MA, Finnan RP, Anloague P A. Chronic elbow dislocation treated with open reduction and lateral ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction. Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 2009;38:E98-100.
2. Jockel CR, Katolik LI, Zelouf DS. Simple medial elbow dislocations: A rare injury at risk for early instability. J Hand Surg Am 2013;38:1768-73.
3. Ohno Y, Shimizu K, Ohnishi K. Surgically treated chronic unreduced medial dislocation of the elbow in a 70-year-old man: A case report. J Shoulder Elbow Surg 2005;14:549-53.
4. Parag G, Soumya P, Sisir S, Vimal R, Aniruddha P, Subhashish M. A new technique for surgical management of old unreduced elbow dislocations: Results and analysis. J Orthop Allied Sci 2014;2:45-51.
5. Alaia MJ, Shearin JW, Kremenic IJ, McHugh MP, Nicholas SJ, Lee SJ, et al. Restoring isometry in lateral ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction. J Hand Surg Am 2015;40:1421-7.
6. Lee SJ, Mendez-Zfass M. Minimally invasive treatment of lateral ulnar collateral ligament injury. 2016;???:243-53. 7. Jones KJ, Dodson CC, Osbahr DC, Parisien RL, Weiland AJ, Altchek DW, et al. The docking technique for lateral ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction: Surgical technique and clinical outcomes. J Shoulder Elbow Surg 2012;21:389-95.
8. Chaudhry S, Dehne K, Hussain F. A review of suture anchors. Orthop Trauma 2017;33:263-70.
9. Bunker DL, Ilie V, Ilie V, Nicklin S. Tendon to bone healing and its implications for surgery. Muscles Ligaments Tendons J 2014;4:343-50.
|How to Cite this Article:Ajayakumar T. Chronic Medial Dislocation Elbow Treated with Open Reduction and Lateral Ulnar Collateral Ligament Reconstruction using Knotless Suture Anchors. Kerala Journal of Orthopaedics Jan-June 2019; 32(1): 38-40